Ofertas de Empleo
Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Technician South Sudan
ONG y servicios sociales
Responsible for the implementation of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) component in Médicos del Mundo (MdM) activities in Jonglei State, South Sudan.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based in Jonglei State, South Sudan.
The successful candidate will be part of the humanitarian team and will report to the Project Coordinator, as well, he/she will have direct technical link with MHPSS Coordinator in HQ.
• Developing curriculum for MHPSS (mainstreaming gender and considering Gender Based Violence) in all MdM activities
• Ensuring the link with other humanitarian actors and building referral MHPSS and Gender Based Violence pathways
• Ensuring regular supervision to the MHPSS staff under her/his responsibility, counsellors and social mobilizers
• Supporting and supervising health staff in delivering psychosocial counselling sessions
• Establishing a capacity building program in MHPSS and GBV for the MdM and local partners teams, including health staff, community members and other relevant actors
• Establishing feedback/complaint mechanism
• Ensuring monitoring activities and results by following up the M&E system in place
• Updating MHPSS and GBV program needs through needs assessments
• Creating weekly and monthly program activities report
• Actively participating in the writing of donor’s proposals and reports
• Regular meetings with State Ministry of Health and State Ministry of Gender, Child and Social Welfare, and with local authorities as relevant
Immediately: 3 months (possible extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts
Academic background: Psychologist. Gender studies.
Desirable: Studies in Mental Health in Humanitarian Action.
Language requirements: High level of spoken and written English.
Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
The successful candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience in positions with similar responsibilities and experience in remote areas.
- Excellent organizational capacity
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Stress management
- Willing and able to work productively in a challenging and remote areas
Escrito: Muy Avanzado (C2) - Hablado: Muy Avanzado (C2) - Traducción: Muy Avanzado (C2)
- Office: Avanzado