Ofertas de Empleo
Country Coordinator Location: North East Syria (NES)
ONG y servicios sociales
To lead development of Médicos del Mundo España (MdM Sp) mission and projects identified in the region, ensuring alignment and appropriateness of actions in respect of MdM policies and action plans.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Kobane, Aleppo Governorate, travelling frequently to other bases in the region (Amuda) and to Dohuk (Kurdistan Region of Iraq).
The candidate will report to the Complex Crisis Unit Coordinator based in MdM Sp Madrid headquarters.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
NES Management / Strategic leadership:
• Ensure adequate information flow within the different teams (Kobane, Amuda and Dohuk).
• Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the mission and all departments / services.
• Ensure that the intervention is always respectful to MdM’s mandate, values and internal rules; to local cultural and legal rules.
• Ensure that strategic orientations are taken into consideration and are implemented.
• In close collaboration with Complex Crisis Unit Team, support the implementation of the monitoring system.
• Support and advise the national staffs, ensure professional grow through regular evaluations and contribute to ensure a progressive nationalization of expatriate positions.
• Provide leadership and support to the 2 field coordinators (Amuda and Kobane).
• Cover gaps of field coordinators when necessary.
• Proactively monitor the political, military and security situation in the project areas and update the Complex Crises Coordinator accordingly.
• Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed with the coordination team.
• Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to Headquarters.
• Follow contextual development in North Eastern Syria and prepare updates for the monthly mission SitRep.
• Update legal and operational context and provide presentation on a regular basis.
• Propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities implementation considering contextual and legal developments.
• Represent MdM with partners, stakeholders and authority in relationship to the intervention inside Syria.
• Implement MEAL tools collecting data to report to the Complex Crisis Unit Desk for Syria.
• Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up in its different aspects: finance, logistical, administrative and medical and report to the Complex Crisis Desk
• Identify technical gaps and prepare a capacity building plan for partners.
• Contribute to proposal and project report writings.
• Develop remote management tools (Log. Finance, Medical) to allow the continuity and sustainability of the project in case it should be managed remotely.
• Coordinate the projects and strategy planning meetings.
• Maintain Partners MoUs and updating the drafts for renewal, based on understandings and developments of the projects.
• Maintain the map of project activities updated.
• Compile monthly project activities report – SitRep.
• Contributing to donor reporting related to projects activities.
• Any other report requested by the Complex Crisis Unit Desk for Syria.
• Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and MdM procedures
• Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
• Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to the operations coordinator.
• To perform any additional duties requested by the Complex Crisis Unit Coordinator.
Academic background: Master degree in International Development and/or Humanitarian Aid.
Other qualifications: Project and HR Management. Coordination and communication skills. Team management.
Language requirements: High level of spoken and written English. Valuable: Arabic and/or Kurdish.
Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
• At least 3 years working in similar role.
• Previous experience in Emergencies contexts (preferable in armed conflicts) and knowledge of Middle East region.
• Demonstrable experience in Team management and Security management.
• Experience with different modalities of working (e.g. Remote management).
• Excellent planning, management and coordination skills.
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing a diverse team of local employees.
• Cultural awareness and adaptability.
• Good team work and networking skills.
• Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission.
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo.
Immediate deployment. Contract length: until end of 2019 (with possibility of extension). Ad hoc R&R Policy applicable.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts