Ofertas de Empleo
HEALTH COORDINATOR NES (North East Syria)
ONG y servicios sociales
Responsible for the management of the Health Care activities and supervision of the MdM Health programs in NES ensuring the quality of the services. Represent MdM in all health cluster meetings and other stakeholders.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in NES (Amuda/Kobane) and Dohuk, Northern Iraq (Kurdistan Iraq) when applicable.
The successful candidate will be part of the mission team and will report to the Field Coordinator, he/she will have direct technical link with Medical Coordinator in HQs.
- Technical supervision of national medical staff included Medical Supervisor in Amuda, Medical Program Manager in Kobane and other medical staff (e.i. pharmacist.)
- Provide technical advice on recruitment of any medical staff, local and expatriate.
- Ensure the proper management of the staff under his/ her supervision according to MdM vision, policies and values.
- Identify priorities for capacity building trainings and facilitate internal trainings on-job trainings for the medical teams and support staff
- Holding technical meetings, briefings and debriefings with the medical team
- Participating to the development of the general strategy on MdM activities with the General Coordinator.
- Participates in the development of concept notes and proposals for funding with a very quick turnaround times.
- Planning and implementation of the project activities.
- Ensure activities are implemented and carryout as a part of the global framework.
- Ensure and oversee quality of the activities in the programs. Analysis of medical data received weekly from Medical Supervisors and sharing with the mission and HQs.
- Ensure quality Medical Health Care and follow up of protocols according to internationally accepted MdM standards, including control of communicable diseases and rational use of antibiotics.
- Participate in health assessments if needed.
- Contributes with the Country Coordinator to review and or develop programme strategies and policy documents for the expansion of MDM mission.
- Represents Médicos del Mundo for all medical related issues and keeps in touch with officials in mission country, other NGOs, national and international organisations, donors, civil and military authorities.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders in country
Coordinates medical activities with other NGOs and partners in the same area of intervention.
- Communicating with donors and head office upon request by Field Coordinator.
Management of medical stock and logistic chain for medical purchase:
- Participate in collaboration with logistician of the medicine and medical supply order
Technical validation of medical purchases.
- Ensure the well management and store of the MDM Pharmacy in collaboration with Logistician.
Academic background: Medical doctor University degree or registered Nurse.
Desirable: Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid. Public Health Studies.
Language requirements: Very high written and spoken English. Valuable: Arabic.
Computer requirements: User level.
- At least 3 years’ field experience in similar positions.
- Previous experience in emergencies contexts.
- Previous experience in armed conflicts and/or Middle East region.
- Team coordination experience.
- Excellent organizational capacity.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills.
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing a diverse team of local employees.
- Stress management.
- Willing and able to work productively in challenging environment.
- Cultural awareness and adaptability.
- Good team work and networking skills.
- Strict compliance with safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission.
- Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo.
Inmediately: 6 months (renewable)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts.
R&R policy applicable.
Hazard allowance policy applicable.